From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-27 14:27:39

Nicola Musatti wrote:

> Roland Schwarz wrote:
>> Nicola Musatti wrote:

>>> Yes, that should be the way. The important thing is the <cxxflags>-I
>>> BBv2 setting.
>>

>> Sorry to tell you, but this is worse than branch SPIRIT_RC_1_6_2. It
>> does not even compile the library (tested so far with msvc-6.5, I'll
>> shortly give a try with borland-5.8.2).
>
> I think I found a possible reason. The Spirit branches in the Boost CVS
> repository include also enough of Boost to make it possible to use
> Spirit without the full Boost distribution. This appears to be
> incompatible with the current 1.34 RC, at least where the Borland
> compiler is involved.
>
> In contrast the Spirit-Only distribution contains just
> /boost/boost/spirit.hpp
> /boost/boost/spirit/
> /boost/libs/spirit/

Is this "Spirit-Only" distribution available anywhere?

> I see three alternatives now:
> - I post my patched Spirit-Only somewhere, but I don't have an ftp site
> available;
> - You download Spirit-Only from the Spirit only site and patch it;
> - You remove the unnecessary directory and files from what you already
> have;
>
> I'm attaching the Python script I used to patch my distribution, in case
> you chose the second option.

I don't see any attachments, did you forget it?

> I'm sorry about all this. I set up my environment almost a year ago and
> forgot everything about it.

Let me clarify -- does it means that no release of Spirit is known
to work with 1.34 RC state of serialization and borland compiler?

Then, maybe we should not spend much more time getting serialization tests
to work with borland, because even if you or Roland succeed in making all tests
green, then users might think everything is OK, while in practice they should
follow non-trivial procedure to get it to work.

What do you think?

- Volodya