From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-28 06:56:49

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Then, maybe we should not spend much more time getting serialization tests
> to work with borland, because even if you or Roland succeed in making all tests
> green, then users might think everything is OK, while in practice they should
> follow non-trivial procedure to get it to work.
>
> What do you think?

Either we do have a simple enough procedure for the user to follow
(which we don't have yet) or we shouldn't waste more time to get the
serialization regressions to run for 1.34.

Also a user that really needs serialization always can opt. to use an
older version of boost serialization.

Having said this I nevertheless think it will be fine if Nicola can
mange it to provide a working back ported version for the both
compilers. This very well can be done after the release of 1.34.

So my vote is for flagging serialization as
"n/a The library author marked it as unusable on this particular
platform/toolset."
for msvc-6.5 and borland-5.8.2

The last word of course is up to Thomas Witt.

Roland