From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-28 18:54:47

Hi Alisdair,

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:12:10 +0000 (UTC), "AlisdairM"
<alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden]> said:
> I am only set up for testing with Borland compilers at the moment, and
> the test results aren't visible at the moment, but ...
>
> I am looking into two test cases, buffer.cpp and buffer_select.cpp.
> Both fail for the same reason - an attempt to instantiate array< const
> char, 1024 >. That looks like a genuine error to me, array does not
> support const PODs, instead you must declare a const array.

It doesn't? I was under the impression that array<T> only required that
T be CopyConstructible, unlike vector<T> which also requires T be
Assignable.

> However, I have not tracked down the source of this instantiation yet,
> so it might be a bad type deduction by the compiler as well.
>
> Any hints on where to look more closely appreciated.

Search for BOOST_WORKAROUND in boost/asio/buffer.hpp. I assume you're
using BDS2006 -- I only have access to BCB6.
 What's the correct value of __BORLANDC__ for the newer compiler?

Thanks for testing this out!

Cheers,
Chris