From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-31 13:26:35

Thomas Witt wrote:
> AlisdairM wrote:
>> Roland Schwarz wrote:
[...]
>> A scary option would be to mark them n/a to hasten release, and plan a
>> short-cycle 1.34.1 once the updated Spirit support is in. My concern
>> with this plan is that everyone will lose interest once 1.34 ships, and
>> without testing 1.34.1 will never happen.
>
> I understand your concerns, but at this stage I think we have to focus
> on getting it out the door. A slightly more optimistic way to look at
> it: If there is enough user interest there will be support for 1.34.1.
[...]
> I am with Roland on this one. That being said I don't want to discourage
> people working on this. As long as it does not take time from 1.34.0
> it's still worthwile I think.

The current situation is much better than what it looks like from the
latest reports. Yesterday's tests from Anthony
(JustSoftwareSolutions-debug) lack proper Spirit 1.6 setup, but show the
positive effect of Volodya's latest Borland patch; the monday tests from
Roland (speedsnail-dbg) lack Volodya's patch, but show the positive
effect of correctly setting Spirit 1.6 for Borland.

Once we manage to get a set of tests with both effects combined there
should only be very many tests still failing which shall probably be
marked expected.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti