From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-01 15:11:43

"Roland Schwarz" <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>> Boost.Test doesn't support DLLs for msvc 6.5. And have no plans for this
>> change.
>
> So what? Some of the test tests are explicitly making use of DLL's.
> Should these simply omitted for msvc-6.5? Shall I try to modify the
> Jamfile?

These should be marked as expected failures and happily ignored. Boost.Test
supports this compiler only up to the level required by the boost regression
tests. No libraries were using DLL version of Boost.Test with this compiler
before 1.34 and accordingly couldn't expect it to start working.

I've looked on the workaround proposed. It looks more like a hack.
* You need to switch from object of class that contains shared_ptr on
shared_ptr to this class - extra level of indirection
* You need to add clone methods to workaround bug with explicit new
* You need to add extra level of indication to convert from object to
pointer
* You need to add dummy semicolon, just to satisfy this compiler

And all that essentially for nothing - Boost.Test do not intend to support
DLL build for this compiler. I'd rather keep the code clean.

Gennadiy