From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-03 07:41:15

Hello Steven,

> AMDG

> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> - A new example "BitMachine" added. It is quite similar to same-named
>> example of Boost.Statechart and may be used as a performance test.
>> - The Performance section of the docs updated with some test results.

> First of all I think that the elapsed time is more useful than the
> number of iterations per second. I know that one is just the
> inverse of the other but the elapsed time has a linear correlation
> to the amount of work being done.

The elapsed time doesn't give you an absolute view of performance
since it also depends on number of iterations. But I think I may
present both figures in the docs.

> Second, ~half the time taken for the benchmark is the
> overhead of the test itself rather than the actual state machine.
> Try this version.

[snip]

> Instead of using MPL vector/list you can create
> your own MPL sequence.

[snip]

> In this case trying to reuse code actually generates
> more work both for yourself and for the compiler.

Thanks for these hints, I guess my MPL knowledge failed me this time.
I'll upload the updated version shortly.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:andysem_at_[hidden]