From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-07 12:53:04

ISWT

Hi Paul,

> I agree that feature-creep is looming and that Matthias is right to
> resist.

Thanks for sticking up for me...

> However, it will be comforting to show that there one can sketch
> out prototypes to show 'proof of concept'. Failure to template can
> cause frustration later when this blocks extension.

I absolutely agree - if this library can't handle reasonable use
cases or
special needs relatively gracefully, then it has definitely failed
it's design
objective. The only way to find that out is to have people try using
it, as
you like to put it, "in anger" and see what shakes out... I've tried
my best
to put forth at least sketch solutions addressing most reasonable
requests
that I've seen posted here in the example code, but there will surely be
more ideas that I haven't considered...

> PS Please can we use the word 'uncertainty' rather than the
> obselete 'error'.
> Errors can be corrected, but uncertainty only reduced ;-)

Right. Error is officially stricken from my vocabulary in this
context. In fact, I've just
finished a paper that will have to be grepped ;^)

Matthias

Matthias Schabel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology
Utah Center for Advanced Imaging Research
729 Arapeen Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
801-587-9413 (work)
801-585-3592 (fax)
801-706-5760 (cell)
801-484-0811 (home)
matthias dot schabel at hsc dot utah dot edu