From: Scott Woods (scottw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-07 17:08:26

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Non-technical content

> Matthias Schabel wrote:
>> As a vehemently secular leftie-pinko intellectual, I don't find this
>> to be particularly offensive.

Me either.

>> For postings that are primarily technical, let's not get our undies
>> in a bunch, live and let live,

You really dont want to bring my undies into this.

>> blah, blah, blah... Anyway, why would a pitch for the Association of
>> Deer Management Groups
>> be offensive to anyone?

Dont know. If I had a concern it was that I couldn't remember any
discussion in this area (e.g. religious, ethnic or political content).
Communication is
usually a good thing and early is usually better than late.

> LOL :-)
>
> Well, I had to look up what the acronym means, and to be honest this
> moderator almost never reads signature lines anyway, so it's mostly a
> "shrug" I guess.
>
> Generally speaking we try to let things pass unless they have an effect on
> the smooth running of the group: I don't think we're at that point yet,
> but
> please do speek up (either in public or too the moderators privately) if
> you
> think otherwise, or if a particular signature crops up that you find
> offensive.

Thanks John. Or as we say in our corner of the world - no worries.