From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 11:27:32

I don't really see three parts. Any distinction between distributions and so-called special functions, or indeed the
'not-so-special' functions like log, exp sin is purely arbitrary: they are all math functions IMO. It is true that, in general,
distribution functions use 'special functions' which in turn use 'not-so-special' functions, but IMO it would be confusing to try to
divide them.

A review does indeed need input from various people with different areas of expertise, but I don't realy see how to avoid this.
Hopefully they will just limit their comments to what they know about ;-)

There are also some serious practical problems about a retrospective division - not least the documentation, where we have worked
quite hard to provide cross linking, and now over 250 pages as a pdf! Not to mention the code, cross function use, and common error
handling etc.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]