From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-10 13:59:30

Hello Matthias,

Saturday, February 10, 2007, 9:35:05 PM, you wrote:

> Hi Andrey,

>> Maybe something like this?

[snip]

> The problem with this is that you still need to keep track of previously
> defined tags. That is, you need to know what the last tag defined was to
> call ::next on it.

[snip]

> This would allow you to add tags without ever having to look around
> to determine the current upper limit...If may not be possible, though.

I think, you won't get any closer to it, since tags may be declared in
different translation units, which are not visible to each other until
linking. And even if they are all in one TU, the tag type is static
with its integral constants. The only way to get another tag is to
define another type.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:andysem_at_[hidden]