From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-16 10:07:46

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 02:28:26 -0500
"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At some point Paul promised shed some light in a form of FPV
> comparison tools docs. It never happened though. I will have to get
> to this once I am done with the rest. Though I still not sure why
> this tool causing that much misunderstanding.

The problem, Gennadiy, is that I can not PROVE that it is hard to
understand. All I can do is offer my testimony that, as documented, it
is difficult FOR ME to understand. If I could tell you how it should
be, then I would not need help figuring out how it is now.

This is not the first time I have brought up this topic. In fact, I
didn't bring it up this time either, I just jumped in after someone else
said something about it.

The last time I brought it up, you also wanted evidence that it was hard
to understand. What further evidence can I offer, aside from the fact
that I do not understand how to use that particular API.

All I can say is that the current explanation does not make sense, and
ask for a different explanation. However, you keep repeating the same
explanation. My hope is that, some day, you or someone else may offer a
different explanation, and then a light will go on, and I will be mad at
myself for being so dumb as to not understand the original explanation.

What would help? I don't know... maybe several more concrete examples
of how it is supposed to be used, accompanied with some description of
exactly why that is a good comparison.

I will say this... if it is ever explained in a manner which makes
sense to me, I'll provide a "BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE() for Dummies" that you
can add to the docs if you like... and it will have the personal
witness of a geniune dummy.