From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-20 15:11:56

Hi,

I was looking at the futures implementation in the boost vault. It looks
very promising, I must say. One of the open issues however is thread
cancellation which I imagine will be important in the case of the "or"
futures group.

Has there been any progress on this front? One of the coolest things
about boost libraries has been the gradual improvement of legacy C/C++
code by non-invasive means. I can't imagine solving this problem without
invasive means (or traditionally undesirable means, i.e. something like
thread->die()). I'm not saying that its non-invasive or nothing, but
there are people smarter than me working on this problem!

Thanks in advance,

Sohail