From: Vyacheslav E. Andrejev (mortituris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-21 23:33:10

Hello Robert,

RR> It would only be an issue in the case where one created a
RR> binary_?archive with a wide char interface.

This is wrong. I had a serious issue in my project until I had fixed the
typos. Obviously, the implication of these typos is that there will be no
exception thrown at the end of the input stream. Therefore there is no way
to detect the end of the wrapping archive. There was a way in the previous
boost release, where istream::read was used instead of basic_streambuf::sgetn
used now, because istream::read itself can issue std::ios_base::failure exception.
But this is not the case in the current implementation, and no exception
is thrown at the end of input stream.

So, if you can rely on my experience, please, believe me that these typos
can cause a serious headache. And it is undoubtedly worth to fix it for the
release.

RR> So, I'm applying the patch - but I don't think anyone has or every
RR> well come up upon this problem.
Thank you for the patch. I did come up upon.

Regards.
Slava.

--
Vyacheslav E. Andrejev
System Architect, Optech International, Inc.