From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-23 08:51:19

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Here's a list of things I feel strongly about changing (see below for
> info):
>
> - relation should have the same members as std::pair

Maybe, I quite like the systematic use of left and right personally.

> - types should lie with members, so
>
> map::left_type::iterator i = m.left.begin()
>
> instead of
>
> map::left_iterator i = m.left.begin()

Isn't that true now? Or rather that both are possible currently?

My only comment is that it's a lot easier to write:

typedef typename map::left_iterator it_type;

than:

typedef typename map::left_type left_type;
typedef typename left_type::iterator it_type;

So I would go with both.

> - operator()[] seems way to complicatedly specified and does not
> follow
> the promise of mirroring STL. Keep the mutable operator()[] and then
> add
>
> value& map.at( const key& );
> const value& map.at( const key& ) const;
>
> which throws on lookup failure.

I found that section confusing as well, anything simpler would be welcome.

John.