From: Péter Szilágyi (peterke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-27 10:41:29

> Hi Peter, I was just wondering if you know about Arabica

http://www.jezuk.co.uk/cgi-bin/view/arabica

It does not implement its own xml parser but rather wraps around some
> xml parser implementation, like Xerces, libxml, MSxml, etc.

No, I haven't heard about this wrapper before, but I did hear of the other
parsers. My only problem with them is that I don't really like including too
many separate libraries into a project. That's why I turned to the boost
collection (being in the TR1). I don't mind using multiple libs from here,
but I definitely don't like mixing libs from multiple sources. They become
hard to keep up to date. (Plus I've seen that the TR2 proposals contained
both Unicode and XML support (although too late for that now)). That's the
reason I was thinking about somehow putting together these 2 libs.

Are you aware of the work that went into boost XML 'bindings' in the past ?
> I submitted an XML library supporting a DOM API, as well as some
> xmlreader.
> (The implementation was based on libxml2, as I believe it would be foolish
> to attempt to reinvent that particular wheel.)

No, actually being quite a new member, I don't know about previous attempts
(didn't really find anything neither of the site nor the mailing lists)

It would be great to get some momentum to review all past and present ideas
> and build something on top of that. I may be able to help, if you are
> interested.

Where could I find these ideas/implementations that you mentioned?

Peter