From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-27 16:16:57

Christian Henning wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
>>> Anyway, I just tried to compile the test code and it failed on MSVC
>>> 7.1 . Is that a known issue?
>> No. I haven't even tried to compile that with MSVC, only with my system
>> g++. There is clearly room for improvement, i.e. to make the code as
>> portable as possible.
>>

> I got the code to compile on MSVC 7.1. I think the compiler was
> confused because of the detail namespace. If you move the factory
> function out of the detail namespace and change the code accordingly
> it does compile. OK, not quite, I also need to include the assert.h
> header. Do you want to change that in your code?
>
> Also, the test code is crashing. I have tried dom.cpp , so far but it
> seems to me that there are some bugs in the test code.
>
> I don't think it makes much sense to follow up on these issues since
> you have new library version ready.

OK. Thanks for the feedback though !

I'm going to clean up my local version a bit and put it into the vault.

In the not-so short term I think we should ask to get write-permission
to the sandbox CVS, and then set a project up there. Douglas (noting you
are project owner), is that possible ? (I'm 'stefan' on sf.net...)

On a related note, what's the status of the subversion move ? While the main
repository is certainly on hold until the next release, there is no
such constraint for the sandbox. Can't that be moved already already
(if the plan to migrate isn't obsoleted yet) ?

Thanks,
                Stefan