From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-28 13:12:25

Boris Gubenko wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>
> I don't have cvs commit rights and I'd appreciate having them. But,
> as I said in the reply to the release manager, "as a newcomer, I'd be
> reluctant to make any changes to the rc branch at this point in the
> development cycle". So, for 1.34, I'll continue to need help from
> others.
>
> But I do think I should have the cvs commit rights, to use them for
> 1.34.1 and beyond. If nothing else, it will make other people's life
> easier :-)

A common tactic for platform focused maintainers with commit access is to make
a patch, send it to the list with an 'Ok to commit' query and when the library
developer says 'yes' the platform maintainer can just commit. For things that
are pretty obviously ok this is easier on the library maintainers. So, I'd
suggest you send you sourceforge id to the boost-owner list and we'll put you
in now.

Jeff