From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-01 13:11:36

> From: "Philippe Vaucher" <philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: [boost] boost::signal thread safety (implied question: is
> boost::function thread safe ?)
> Well, the subject says it all ;)
> This question comes because boost::signal's documentation says it's not
> thread safe, but I have trouble finding exactly why it isn't.

Another issue that might be of concern is whether a slot is being
disconnected from a signal in one thread while a value is being sent
through that same signal in another thread. If the one thread is
iterating through the connected slots while the other is removing a
slot from the list, unexpected behavior/crash might occur.

Doug said that some people have recently been working on Boost.Signals
and specifically addressed thread safety, but I'm not sure what the
status of that is.

Regards,

Stjepan