From: Gail Banaszkiewicz (gbanaszk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-01 17:43:22

Hi everyone!

My name is Gail and I just joined the mailing list. I'm very interested
in Google's Summer of Code program and am hoping to participate for the
first time this year. I came across Boost when I needed a
platform-independent means of threading for my honors project, and
realized afterward that there were several Boost projects in last year's
SoC!

A bit about me:
I'm in my last semester of Computer Science at Carleton University in
Ottawa, ON, Canada. I have strong interests in computer
vision/graphics/computational geometry. In fact, I will be beginning my
Masters of Computer Science in this area in September. This will be at
Carleton University as well since the school has the largest
computational geometry group in North America, or so I'm told :) I have
some interesting industry experience at Ross Video (they make live video
production switchers) and Corel (I worked on CorelDRAW, software I've
known and loved since I was a kid).

I hope that I've come to the right place to find out more about Boost
and its relation to SoC, and would love to try and find out what kind of
development is most desired for SoC. I noticed that last year's project
ideas included some computational geometry libraries - anything in this
area would be a real treat for me to work on!

Looking forward to talking with you,
Gail