From: Gail Banaszkiewicz (gbanaszk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-03 11:24:19

Jeff wrote:
> You have -- we should be making a more official announcement shortly, but
> since you already have a project idea I would suggest you go ahead and pursue
> it. If it's anything like last year the application process is highly
> competitive -- the best applications really went above and beyond. I think
> some of those might be on the web somewhere.
Thanks for the encouragement! I read over the report on last year's
edition of SoC and indeed it looked very competitive. I did not see any
of the proposals themselves, but if they are online, I will definitely
have to take a look,

> There project has not been pursued yet, so it would likely be a good choice
> for this year. Our biggest problem might be finding a mentor, but we'll work
> something out.
I will keep my options open in case this topic does not work out;
however, I'm sure I'd be able to also draw from the knowledge of the
group at school as well as from a mentor on your end, which certainly
can't hurt.

Gail