From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 15:03:00

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:31:55 -0700
  Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> A project that would align more closely with the Boost
>mission would be a redo
> of the CORBA binding (it's awful) for C++ using TR1 and
>other modern C++.

Yes! The CORBA C++ binding is truly awful in many ways.
Supporting a modern binding using standard C++, TR1, and
Boost facilities would go a long way towards simplifying
and "robustifying" CORBA use in C++ apps. I'm sure other
orgs or people have tried this in the past (probably not
with Boost or TR1, though), so I would assume there's some
case studies available (specially if the project was
unsuccessful - that would give a good idea of the scope
and challenges involved).

Cliff