From: Kevin Heifner (heifner_k_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 17:07:48

Cliff Green wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:31:55 -0700
> Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> A project that would align more closely with the Boost
>> mission would be a redo
>> of the CORBA binding (it's awful) for C++ using TR1 and
>> other modern C++.
>
> Yes! The CORBA C++ binding is truly awful in many ways.
> Supporting a modern binding using standard C++, TR1, and
> Boost facilities would go a long way towards simplifying
> and "robustifying" CORBA use in C++ apps. I'm sure other
> orgs or people have tried this in the past (probably not
> with Boost or TR1, though), so I would assume there's some
> case studies available (specially if the project was
> unsuccessful - that would give a good idea of the scope
> and challenges involved).

The OMG is finally going to discuss the possibility of a new C++
mapping at, I believe, their next meeting. Doug Schmidt is going
to present his ideas. I have not seen the proposal yet, so I
can't comment on it. However, I would guess it would be based on
ideas that he presented in:
   http://www.ddj.com/dept/cpp/184403765
   http://www.ddj.com/dept/cpp/184403778

KevinH