From: Kim Barrett (kab_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 15:30:34

At 7:49 PM -0500 3/5/07, Kim Barrett wrote:
>In boost 1.33.1 one could specify the location of the Python version to be
>used by Boost.Python using the --with-python-root option to bjam. This isn't
>working on the RC_1_34_0 branch. (I haven't looked at HEAD.)

More digging found another discussion of this issue in these threads:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.build/13265/focus=13658
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.build/15106/focus=15111

The resolution seems to be that one *must* have a user-config.jam file that
specifies a "using python" clause in order to get boost.python to build. So
now I need to go understand user-config.jam and where it's supposed to go
and how to integrate that into our build process.

Oh, and the now bogus bjam options noted by the first of those threads
are still present.