From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 16:06:20

Brrrr, I pressed some key combination in a web interface and it
sent my message when I was in the middle of editing the forth
sentence. I resent the message but to incorrect address.
It doesn't make sense to repost so late. In addition to what I wrote
I was going to mention langbinding as a possible approach to API
"that allows writing compliant objects and/or clients without IDL
support".

Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> Ames Andreas wrote:
> > > Do you have a estimate on a completity of this task?
> > To be honest, I don't know; such an estimation would need to be
> > part of the project itself. Nevertheless I would guess that it's
> > feasible given that TAO has an explicit API to replace its own
> > GIOP stack, see:
> > www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/PDF/pluggable_protocols.pdf
>
> Wow! I didn't know it has API. This simplifies student's time a lot and reduces "time to market".
> Funny thing is that a student will face ACE vs Boost battle ;-)
>
> > I don't know of a similar API in omniORB but at least it supports
> > a 'pluggable transport framework', i.e. you can 'easily' replace the
> > transport layer beneath GIOP (usually IIOP). How this extends to a
> > GIOP replacement would need to be researched separately. FWIW, the
> > CORBA spec explicitly mentions that protocols other than GIOP should
> > be possible (within the abstract CORBA architecture).
> > Another interesting project goal would be to create an API that allows
> > writing compliant objects and/or clients without IDL support. CORBA has
> > the Dynamic Invocation Interface (client side) and the Dynamic Skeleton
> > API (server side). Maybe a student would be interested in trying to
> > create a good generic interface to show off the power of generic
> > programming compared to those more traditional approaches.
> > cheers,
> > aa
>
> --
> Alexander Nasonov

Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com
Such men as he be never at heart`s ease whiles they behold a greater
than themselves, and therefore are they very dangerous. -- William
Shakespeare --
This quote is generated by:
	/usr/pkg/bin/curl -L http://tinyurl.com/veusy         \
	  | sed -e 's/^document\.write(.//' -e 's/.);$/ --/'  \
	        -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' -e 's/^More quotes from //' \