From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-07 04:48:26

Paul A Bristow wrote:
>> Perhaps have a special SoC review queue for 'mini-reviews' where the
>> students can present to the wider Boost audience and hopefully be
>> encouraged to continue the work for a more complete review. This is
>> also a good time to get other people involved who may help bring that
>> work through to final review - I am not sure about Google's policy on
>> shared participation during the SoC period itself.
>
> I support this. Although some discussions have taken place, a review
> might focus more attention and might lead to more useful output - as
> you say it is disappointing to only get one project into use (though
> work by Xiaogang Zhang on math functions will come up for review soon
> when the whole math toolkit is reviewed, probably in April).

One of the problem we have is students dissappearing after the SOC period
ends (all the projects have this to some extent). That's why I suggested
earlier that we focus some of our projects on patches/extensions to other
libraries, so the library maintainer can pick up the patches and run with
them as they see fit.

I'm still hoping to see more of last years output up for review though,
there's some good stuff in there....

John.