From: Shibu Bera (shibu.ncst_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-08 23:38:57

Hi,

Thanks Lon for the nice reply. I hope I will get a new method very soon.

I have one more query about the shared memory.

I create shared memory using boost::interprocess, at linking time I add

-lrt -lxml2 -lccext2 -lccgnu2 -ldl (common C++ link library) along with

-Wall -pedantic -g -pthread -DBOOST_DATE_TIME_NO_LIB
-DBOOST_INTERPROCESS_POSIX_PROCESS_SHARED -lstdc++ -lboost_thread
(boost::interprocess link library).

The common C++ library is added for the other requirement of the
application.

I open the shared memory form the another process, where "comman C++ link
library" is not added. Segmentation fault is the result.

Then I created two shared memory.
First with "common C++ link library" and "boost::interprocess link library"
And
Second with only "boost::interprocess link library",

These two shared memories are different, I found offset of some bytes on the
actual values stored in the shared memory. I am not finding the way, why
this problem is. I want to know how any other link libray may change the
data of the shared memory. Please help.