From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-09 12:10:04

"Matthias Schabel" <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Much of the core functionality of the mcs::units library
> coming up for review works without compiler support
> for typeof, but other parts require it. I looked through
> the docs and didn't find any way to explicitly check if
> typeof is supported, either natively or through Boost
> Typeof on any given compiler... Suggestions?

If BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE is defined, BOOST_TYPEOF will work w/o type
registration through either true native support of the compiler or
MSVC-specific trick (in which case MSVC_TYPEOF_HACK is also defined).

Otherwise, if BOOST_TYPEOF_EMULATION is defined, BOOST_TYPEOF will work
through emulation for all registered types, templates, and their
combinations.

Otherwise <boost/typeof/typeof.hpp> is not included.

HTH,
Arkadiy