From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-10 21:57:23

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Stefan,

>> Does anything like this exist ? Are there plans to support
>> such use cases ?
>
> Wave does already support that! The iterator returned from the context has a
> member function force_include():
>
> context_type::iterator_type it = ctx.begin();
> for (each of the files to be pre-included)
> it.force_include(filename, last_name);

Excellent ! Unfortunately it seems the context::iterator_type isn't documented
anywhere, at least I couldn't find this feature in
http://boost.org/libs/wave/doc/class_reference_context.html.

Also, I believe the implementation contains a bug (though to be really sure I'd
need to see the specification):

It appears the force-included header is searched as if included by means of
#include "file", i.e. starting in the directory containing the main input.

In contrast, the gcc documentation explains that the search should disregard
that main input's directory, and start searching in the current working directory
instead (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/Preprocessor-Options.html#Preprocessor-Options).

(Please bear with me for using gcc as the authoritative input ;-) )

Thanks a lot !

                Stefan