From: Vishnu M Menon (vishnu_m_menon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-10 23:43:55

> boost::interprocess containers --> stl containers
>
> The line
>
> managed_shared_memory shm(create_only, "myshm",
> 10000);
>
> with
>
> fixed_managed_shared_memory shm(create_only,
> "myshm", 10000,
> --> /*mapping address*/);
>
> With these changes you will be able to use
> boost.interprocess allocators
> with stl containers and map all in a fixed address
> in all processes.

Thanks for your reply.

But while trying to do this, is there a guarantee that

1. the mapping will succeed (I am guessing not.)?

2. even if it succeeds, the mapped address range will
*not* be already in use by the process?

I am guessing some form of pre-reserving the VM
address space range may be necessary - perhaps done
during compilation or linking the programs concerned.

Regards,
Vishnu