From: Ben FrantzDale (benfrantzdale_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-12 14:04:21

Anyone interested in this should read up on affine spaces. Absolute
temperature is an affine point; difference between affine points are
vectors.The same goes for positions in space or time.

Note that Boost already touches on these ideas in Boost.Date_Time (
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/date_time.html).
A Time is an affine point, a Time Duration is a vector. (I believe a Time
Period could be called a "bound vector".)

See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affine_space
http://benfrantzdale.livejournal.com/206467.html – what I wrote about this
when first heard about affine spaces.