From: Hervé Brönnimann (hervebronnimann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-12 21:06:43

Ben: I would add to your reading list the article

A Coordinate Free Geometry ADT (1997) by Stephen Mann, Nathan Litke,
Tony DeRose
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/191514.html

in which they argue a point that has been made in computer graphics
over and over, that confusing affine and vector spaces, or even two
different coordinate systems of a common affine space, leads to hard-
to-catch errors. Apparently, this has been a steady source of bugs
in Computer Graphics as well as any other applications.

--
Herve