From: Johannes Laudenberg (dontremovethis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-15 18:00:39

Hello there,

I would really like to come up with a SoC-application for the
graph-plotting-thing. However there are some questions that came to my
mind:

(1) It is mentioned, that data inside a container should be plotted as a
function graph. Is this data arbitrarily collected or does it necessarily
popped out of a math-function? The latter would make it way easier to
interpolate a smooth function from the data (by passing the function as a
whole or at least the first derivatives of the data).

(2) Are there suggestions about the context this should be implemented in?
 Should it go into a specific boost-lib? Should it be a single function
that takes loads of parameters (like color, range, size, ...). Should it
be a class where the user would set these parameters as attributes?

(3) It is said, that the data comes from some stl-containers. Just to be
sure: You mean 2 dimensional containers for plotting a 2d function?

Thanks in advance,

Johannes