From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-22 05:36:44

Peter Dimov wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Peter Dimov wrote:
> >
> > [... TLS ...]
> >
> > I'm somewhat missing thread_specific_ptr<>. And corresponding
> > _POSIX_CXX09_EXTENSIONS pthread_resetspecific_np(),
> > pthread_releasespecific_np(), and pthread_disposespecific_np().
>
> The current plan is to standardize something like __thread or
> __declspec(thread) for TLS. I hope. :-)

I know. But __thread proposal doesn't address dynamic context.

"objects which may have static storage duration may have thread
storage duration instead. These objects include namespace-scope
variables, function-local static variables, and class static member
variables ... __thread specifier can be applied only to the names of
objects of block scope that also specify static or to the names of
objects of namespace scope."

regards,
alexander.