From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-23 10:55:48

Johan Nilsson wrote:

> Touché. But, still - without any firm evidence I believe that "C++ ->
> pthreads layer -> Win32 threads" is slower than "C++ -> Win32
> threads", which is what I based my assumption upon.

Makes sense in the absence of any other information. But the key point here
is that 'C++' is essentially the same as 'pthreads' with a C++ face - the
primitives and the operations are basically the same. So if you refactor
your C++ -> Win32 implementation into C++ -> stable nontemplated API ->
Win32 and then observe that the stable nontemplated API is essentially the
same as pthreads with several minor differences here and there... you get
N2178.