From: Eric Lemings (lemings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 12:25:46

Just me but I disambiguate between "meter" and "meters". To me,
"meter" implies the actual unit. This would tranlsates to a type
in a units library. The word "meters" however implies a quantity
measured in meters. This is different from "meter" as it implies
a value. So I can rationalize the need for both forms.

Eric.