From: Malte Clasen (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 12:59:31

Hi,

Noah Roberts wrote:
> Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
>
> I do not believe it meets the need of a wide enough audience, no.

I still have to evaluate this library thoroughly, but I'm pretty sure
that this kind of functionality pleases a quite large audience. Most
people I know don't use compile-time unit checks right now, but they
don't do it because they decided that it's not needed but because they
either don't know about the possibility or don't know a good
implementation. If a unit library would be included in Boost, this would
be a major step towards unit-safe code for many of them because there
would be no good reason not to write unit-safe code. People were able to
work with raw pointers, too, but smart_ptr and pointer_container are
just so much better than just "being careful" that this practice seems
to diminish.

I believe that the general need for this type of library is large enough
to justify inclusion into Boost.

Malte