From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-30 10:57:15

On 3/30/07, Tom Lahoda <tlahoda_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> It has been my experience that it causes an error as I think (not positive)
> that some syntax checking is done even if it will not get instantiated.

That's fine. I'm just thinking about test cases. Is the error standard
compliant? Should I write tests for this case and excluded them for
current compiler releases anticipating that at some point in the
future they will accept this? Or is this mandated by the standard, and
I should mention it in the documentation as a caveat?