From: Ames Andreas (Andreas.Ames_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-30 11:24:44

According to "C++ Templates" (Vandevoorde/Josuttis) SFINAE is there to make overloading of template functions applicable. IMHO, it means that template argument deduction must be successful and that only failures to create valid types from the deduced arguments (by substituting function call parameters by them) are prevented from erroring out. In your case, the argument deduction already fails, because there is no type foo<T,U>.

cheers,

aa

--
Andreas Ames | Programmer | Comergo GmbH | ames AT avaya DOT com
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart