From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-30 12:54:23

Paul,

Thanks for your vote.

> will be in the light of user experience. A very useful set of
> examples, but the very many responses to users questions could very
> usefully be added as additional examples of very many more
> applications, like currency and other conversions etc. A lot of naïve
> users will be using this library (I hope) and they will need all
> the help they can get.

We're happy to assist prospective users in addressing their issues.
As you observe, this library is not trivial (a reflection that the
area it addresses is much less straightforward than many people
imagine - as I did before really examining the subtleties). We have
tried to make it easy to use for simple use cases, but implementation
of custom unit systems, conversions, etc.. requires some
understanding of the implementation.

> the art MPL and will work better with C++0X 'typeof'. And, AFAIK,
> it achieves far more than any other language in both units and

C++0X auto and typeof will dramatically ease definition of new units
and quantities...

> Quick start spelling mistakes: "of using user-defined types in
> dimensional calcuations," and /// test calcuation of work
>
> - should be calculation, twice. One of my favorite spilling
> misfakes ;-)

The downside to touch typing is when your kinetic memory gets
programmed incorrectly, it becomes really easy to quickly type
specific misspellings - thanks for noting this.

Matthias