From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-31 03:27:51

Sam Schetterer wrote:
> Would there be any interest sorting functions that sort data that is
> written to disk?

Yes, as I wrote before, this would probably be more useful than having
more kinds of in-memory sorting implementations.

               I know that it sounds somewhat useless, but if the data on
> disk takes up 10gb, I know that no computer can load all of that data at
> once, even with virtual memory.

What? Of course there are computers that can do that, even PCs, even
without virtual memory. (I see that your statement doesn't affect the
interest in such a sorting facility. However, statements like this one
make your other statements look questionable.)

Regards,