From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-02 09:45:39

Hello,

In my Boost.Process prototype, I have a custom class to encapsulate
errors coming from system calls and other functions from the
underlying OS. For the record, it is here:

https://boost-consulting.com:8443/trac/soc/browser/boost/soc/2006/
process/trunk/boost/process/exceptions.hpp?order=name

I'd like to drop this custom class and instead use the ones provided
by the recently introduced Boost.System. However, Boost.System is a
binary library, while Boost.Process is currently a header-only
library. Personally, I'd prefer to keep it that way if possible
because it is much easier to use it in third-party code.

So my question is... why is Boost.System not a header-only library?
Could it be changed to be so?

Thank you.

PS: Maybe I should simply discard the goal of providing Boost.Process
as a header-only library because I have the same problem with
Boost.Filesystem... But well, that's a different issue that doesn't
belong to this thread ;-)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>