From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-04 05:38:04

04.04.07, 12:54, Martin Bonner <Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden]>:
> If shared_ptr had not been header only, I am pretty sure I could not
> have got it in use in my company. There is a BIG difference between
> "I've added a header tree to the 'install' folder in Source Control",
> and "you need to install this chunky library on your system in order to
> be able to develop this project".

Luckily, parts of boost move to the std namespace and therefore have a chance to be split into include files and libstd implementation files.
I'm starting to like Jeff's BOOST_ALLOW_ALL_HEADER_WITH_SYSTEM_INCLUDES. It's more work for boost developers but it would simplify an integration with the standard C++ library.

--
Alexander Nasonov