From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-02 13:59:56

But most (not all, for sure) warnings can be disabled by
-fno-some-feature. The only places where you might have to change the
code would be in the cases where the warning cannot be disabled.

Anyway, isn't it enough to convince you to think about it that someone
has taken a branch locally just to silence warnings? I've done something
similar by having a set of patches that I applied to pristine sources. I
can't imagine we're the only ones.

Having "disable this warning" flags in the build file may make it apply
to more files than is really necessary, but I believe bjam does handle
per-file application of flags quite nicely. Though I don't use it so I
might be wrong.

Header-only libraries however...

Sohail