From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-02 19:32:24

"AlisdairM" <alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden]> wrote

> A suggestion to improve the display of the typeof results page:
>
> If you look at the boost iterator library, you will see the the 'corner
> cases' appear as a separate section.
>
> Apparently this can be achieved by tweaking the explicit-failures.xml
> markup file:
>
> > This is done with the category attribute of the test entity in the XML
> > document describing the expected failures. For example:
>
> > <test name="indirect_iter_member_types" category="Corner-case tests"/>
>

> I believe this page might be more helpful if 'emulated' and 'native'
> mode were split into two categories.
>
> I am happy to edit the XML file to make this work (I have commit
> rights) but I really need the library authors blessing before trying
> this!

This is a good idea, but I assume you are talking about 1.35 :) Then you
can go ahead.

Also, I believe the typeof testing needs to be generally reviewed. Right
now all the "native" tests repeat emulation tests just with different flag.
I don't think this has a lot of sense, since the emulation tests were
designed to test registration.

Regards,
Arkadiy