From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-05 16:33:43

Steven Siloti wrote:
> After reading the paper referenced in
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/04/120230.php I decided to
> set about implementing something similar to it in C++.
>
> You can see the current results here:
> http://magila.googlepages.com/template.zip
>
> It uses Spirit for parsing and AST generation and Property Tree for
> storing the dynamic data. Still on my todo list is making the character
> type a template parameter, currently everything just uses char. Also
> expand() should probably be made a free function.

Why seems fine the way it is?

> Obviously the main interest is as a companion for the forthcoming cgi
> library. So what do you think? Interesting? Not?

I think it's interesting. I'm not sure being tied only to property tree only
is the ideal. It would be interesting to figure what concepts are required
for use with an output template. Perhaps there should be alternate binding
mechanisms where say vector<string> could be bound to users.

Obviously there's lots of holes to fill, but I would like to see something
like this in Boost at some point.

Jeff