From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-05 18:20:04

Steven Siloti skrev:
> After reading the paper referenced in
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/04/120230.php I decided to
> set about implementing something similar to it in C++.
>
> You can see the current results here:
> http://magila.googlepages.com/template.zip
>
> It uses Spirit for parsing and AST generation and Property Tree for
> storing the dynamic data. Still on my todo list is making the character
> type a template parameter, currently everything just uses char. Also
> expand() should probably be made a free function.

well, not for my sake.

> Obviously the main interest is as a companion for the forthcoming cgi
> library. So what do you think? Interesting? Not?

Very interesting. We have implemented our own template engine,
but I would much rather be using a well thought-out and heavily tested
version from boost.

I think it is quite amazing to see how a variety of boost libraries
makes it so easy (or at least short) to implement something like this.

Some comments:

1. call the class template_document or something similarly readable

2. see if it is possible to describe a minimal "tree" concept s.t. you
can make the class work with other trees than property-tree. (it might
be that you only need a small subset of the property-tree operations).

-Thorsten