From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 13:13:40

On 05/09/2007 08:05 AM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
[snip]
> I will stay on this list while you decide, and answer any questions about
> CMake that may come up.
Bill, one nice feature of boost build is that it allow selection of
different toolsets with a toolset=ToolSetName.
For example, toolset=gcc-4.3 or toolset=como.
This creates different build directories
with names composed from the toolset name to avoid
mixing object files from different compilers.
However, from a short read of:

http://cmake.org/HTML/RunningCMake.html

which says:

To build with just cmake change directory into where you want the
binaries to be placed.

which implies to me that the user would have to create
those build directories himself and then specify in,
I guess, a CMakeList.txt file, what compiler to use.

Is that right?

-thanks,
Larry