From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 15:30:40

Sohail Somani wrote:

> Not a Cmake guru, but as I understand it you have to configure the build
> via cmake files which then generates makefiles native for that platform.
>
> So that means for an x-platform developer, you have to use
> gnu/sun/aix/hp/make/visual studio which (imho) negates the whole point
> of an x-platform build tool.

I don't agree. The point is not not to require native build tools, but
to uniformize the build process (i.e. the part of it that users and developers
have to care about). Whether that 'build system frontend' delegates to native
tools is an entirely different question, as long as it gives the same
platform coverage.

Regards,
                Stefan