From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-10 07:04:12

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> In article <d51bd9em.fsf_at_[hidden]> Anthony
>> Williams<anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> read_write_mutex should not be in 1.34. We removed it, because it
>>> has not beenfixed since the 1.33 version that was removed.
>> No it's not removed there is a #error directive in there and that's
>> it. Cansomebody with understanding for boost.thread please fix this?
>
> I've removed the read_write_mutex source files and header from the 1.34
> branch.

Ok, it happened again. Does not matter anyways.
I decided to let the code in there intentionally, but had the error
macro clearly tell the user: "Read Write Mutex is broken, do not include
this header."

Also I fixed the documentation to make things clear as well.
(Not clear enough it seems though.)

Since I repeadetly find myself in just beeing overruled in my decisions,
(without beeing asked first) I just suggest to hand over my duties to
someone more respected.

Since I also find myself not beeing able to spend a lot of time on the
work on Boost.Thread because of other projects, I'd like to ask if
Anthony is willing to take over all my duties too.

I think Anthony has proven to be better prepared for this task than me.

Roland