From: Neil Groves (neilgroves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-10 14:03:40

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 13:04 +0200, Roland Schwarz wrote:
> Anthony Williams wrote:
> > Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:

> >> No it's not removed there is a #error directive in there and that's
> >> it. Cansomebody with understanding for boost.thread please fix this?
> >
> > I've removed the read_write_mutex source files and header from the 1.34
> > branch.
>
> Ok, it happened again. Does not matter anyways.
> I decided to let the code in there intentionally, but had the error
> macro clearly tell the user: "Read Write Mutex is broken, do not include
> this header."
>
> Also I fixed the documentation to make things clear as well.
> (Not clear enough it seems though.)
>
> Since I repeadetly find myself in just beeing overruled in my decisions,
> (without beeing asked first) I just suggest to hand over my duties to
> someone more respected.
>
> Since I also find myself not beeing able to spend a lot of time on the
> work on Boost.Thread because of other projects, I'd like to ask if
> Anthony is willing to take over all my duties too.
>
> I think Anthony has proven to be better prepared for this task than me.
>
> Roland

I would like to apologize for bringing up the fault in
detail/read_write_mutex.hpp

I did understand that it had been removed deliberately due to a known
deadlock fault. However I was actually applauding the reintroduction of
the header file to the source control repository. I think Roland, this
must be your work, and I am grateful for your time and effort.

I would be happy to debug the tip read_write_mutex if you wish. I did
send in a slightly modified file with a fix for the write_locked query.
I realize, of course, that this would not fix the all of the problems.

Anyhow, I am volunteering some time. I would be happy to help.

Neil Groves